QuickBooks Enterprise is the most popular small business accounting software businesses use to manage income and expenses and keep track of the financial health of their business. You can use it for invoicing customers, paying bills, generating reports, and preparing taxes. It has surpassed many popular accounting software like Drake Tax Software in terms of popularity and user experience.
What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks Error 1328 usually occurs while updating, installing, repairing or even uninstalling QuickBooks. This error may show up on your laptop/computer screen in various ways, although the file reference of such errors shows what the problem exactly is.
Why QuickBooks Error 1328 occurs?
One possible reason for QuickBooks Update Error 1328 maybe installing a version (for example QuickBooks 2009) with a license number that differs from the 2009 version, that is presently installed. The reason for this update error is the .tmp files in the config.msi folder which prevent QuickBooks Desktop from finishing the update.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1328
Solution 1: Locate the config.msi file
1. Right-click on the Start key button and then choose the Explore option.
2. Double-click on the ‘C’ drive.
3. You will have to click on Tools and choose Folder.
4. Click the View option in the toolbar and then select All hidden files as well as folders.
5. Now, click to Apply, then press the Ok button.
6. Operate all necessary system files.
7. Make a right-click on config.msi & select Rename option.
8. At the end of a filename, add .old and hit the Enter key.
9. Hence, This will hide and protect your operating system files including all necessary hidden files & folders again on your system.
Solution 2: Repair your Windows Installation Process
1. Log on to the Windows as an Administrator.
2. Now open your Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features option available there.
3. Now, locate QuickBooks in the list, select it, and then click the Uninstall option by selecting the appropriate button.
4. When QuickBooks uninstaller appears, choose the Repair option.
5. Run QuickBooks repair on your system, then, you will need to apply the security patch when the repair completes.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks by doing a Clean Installation
1. Prepare QuickBooks Uninstallation
2. After this, make a clean installation of QuickBooks. To do so, you can select one of the given options that are mentioned here:
3. As discussed earlier, the first option is to install QuickBooks Enterprise directly from the CD drive provided.
4. A user can install QuickBooks through a downloaded QuickBooks installation file.
5. Now, get ready to download or simply install QuickBooks.
Hope this helps you out.